Embed the Swirl live streaming app in your website and watch your revenue go up.
For an eCommerce business, one of the most pressing needs is to engage with customers in meaningful and interesting ways. Building a livestream website rules out distractions, keeps them on the site, shortens the path to purchase, and prevents abandoned carts.
In addition to being the best way to do all of the above, Swirl’s embedded video functionality offers you the following tangible benefits:
- Collect valuable first-party data
- Offer an exclusive RSVP function
- Create a custom experience
- Take advantage of Picture-in-Picture viewing
- Control your own brand narrative
Let’s jump right in.
Collecting first-party data for live selling
First-party data is the data you collect directly from a customer, with their consent, through opt-ins, online surveys, subscriptions, and other forms. The Swirl live streaming app collects first-party data that covers all kinds of valuable information about your customers, such as:
- Timestamps and visited URLs
- Add-to-cart history
This is the best form of data that a business can collect, for three reasons:
- It’s safe and legal to use: When you use second- and third-party data from external sources, it may not be compliant with current data privacy rules. With first-party data, there is no risk of this because customers have given permission to use the data they share.
- It’s the most accurate data you can collect: First-party data is current, accurate, and reflects the latest trends of your customer base. With this data, you get the deepest understanding of your customers and will always know how to reach them.
- It’s what your customer wants: First-party data is only collected from customers who want to interact with your brand. They know how you’re going to use it and have signified consent, so as long as your marketing abides by the promises you made during collection, these are the leads that are most likely to convert.
From mid-2022 onwards, the prevalence of third-party data (traditionally used in most web marketing) will begin to drop. Google Chrome will begin to phase it out in late 2022, and aims to completely move away from it by 2023. A number of other companies, including Meta (Facebook) and Apple are working towards this goal as well.
This means that advertising using third-party data will become harder and more expensive during the transition phase. Businesses with an excessive reliance on third-party data may struggle to collect enough first-party data to carry out the same level of marketing. This is why it is important for your livestream website to begin collecting unique data that belongs exclusively to you.
Offer an exclusive RSVP feature for live shopping
When you plan a live shopping event, promotions and invitations should be a large part of the plan. You must have a schedule in place for social media promotion, paid ads, and regular reminders to save-the-date.
Swirl’s embedded video function has an exclusive RSVP feature that allows you to create an exclusive feel with limited invites for special customers. This can build buzz around the date and help generate word-of-mouth and gain social media traction.
In addition, the RSVP feature lets you collect first-party data like names, phone numbers, locations, or email IDs. The Swirl live streaming app sends out automated event reminders through SMS or email, whether you want to remind viewers a day before or a few minutes before the event. This reduces no-shows and increases the views of your live video event.
Create a branded experience for live selling
With Swirl, brands can create a custom page on their website for all live shopping events, past and future. This allows customers to remain on your website instead of being redirected to external websites like YouTube to watch. This can be seen in the below example:
In addition, Swirl’s white-label live shopping features include these options to customize the look and feel of the page:
- Customize the URL
- Adjust font size and color to match your brand
- Design the page to brand specifications
Take advantage of Picture-in-Picture live shopping
One of Swirl’s most effective and popular features is the Picture-in-Picture (PiP) video functionality. This feature is available to any brand who has embedded the Swirl live streaming app in their website.
With this feature, shoppers can view the video while continuing to browse your website. No matter where else they click, the livestream continues in an inset video. This allows hosts to share links, direct customers to product pages or catalogs, and showcase a range of products, without interrupting the session.
The PiP function helps you create a consistent branded experience that boosts recall, keeps the audience captive on your website, showcases authenticity, and inspires trust.
Control your own brand narrative in your virtual store
In a world of changing algorithms and complex privacy laws, it is more important than ever to be the owner of your own brand. By allowing your live shopping content to reside on external platforms, you have no control over how that content is displayed, and very little visibility into customer insights, content performance, and other important data points that are relevant to your business.
In contrast, when your content is hosted on your own website, you have complete authority over all aspects. Here are the two most important benefits:
- Eliminating distractions: One of the largest problems eCommerce marketers face today is the abandoned cart, and this is largely due to the number of distractions that a customer is exposed to. When participating in a live shopping session on an external platform, your viewers are also being bombarded by social media notifications, content suggestions by the platform, and ads from competing brands. All it takes is one click to follow the notification and stray away from your site.
- When your live shopping videos are embedded on your site, the customer only sees content from your brand. They have the time to fully explore your range of products and talk to a retail associate, thereby shortening the path to purchase.
- Design control: With external platforms, your live video is hosted along with many other livestreams from other brands. Without any branding to distinguish one livestream from another, how will new customers remember you? Want to lead your customer from a product page to a blog? You may not be able to do that on an external platform, but with Swirl’s live streaming embedded feature, you can guide customers through any path you feel most appropriate.
How to embed live videos on your website
Embedding Swirl’s live shopping videos on your website is easy, even if you don’t have the technical know-how.
With our white-label platform, your customers enjoy a native virtual shopping session on your website, under your URL, with no sign of any external branding. You also have access to features like RSVPs and reminders to extend the exclusivity of the experience. This functionality is available in the Premium and Pro package.
If you’re not sure about embedded live shopping on your website, you can try Swirl’s branded sub-domain experience, available through the Starter or Basic package. This allows you to create and share live shopping events with your customers using a branded URL that includes your brand and Swirl, like this: www.yourbrandname.goswirl.com/
If you’d like to know more about embedding live shopping sessions on your website, our team would be happy to talk to you and explain the feature. Just reach out to us here and set up a demo at your convenience.