How To Run A Successful Live Shopping Event For Your Shopify Store
With such intense competition in the eCommerce space, most online stores struggle with brand recall and increasingly high acquisition costs. And once you pay to acquire a customer, do they return for a second purchase? With Swirl, Shopify store owners can integrate a smart live commerce solution with one easy click, and enjoy the benefits of customer retention, better engagement, and higher Add-to-Cart numbers.
In the eCommerce industry, increasing sales is a major challenge. While features like seamless payments, customer testimonials, and returns and refunds contribute to purchase decisions, the key is attracting customers to your online store.
This is where live shopping steps in.
Live shopping, also known as shoppable livestreams, offers a powerful method to boost sales and engage customers in a unique way. With Swirl's live shopping solutions, you can create various types of live selling videos that drive sales and foster genuine customer connections akin to real-life experiences.
In this post, we’ll be discussing everything you need to know about creating shoppable live streams for your Shopify store.
Why You Should Focus On Shopify Live Streaming Event
Shopify live views can take your revenue and engagement numbers to the next level. Here are a few compelling reasons why you should consider adding live selling as a part of your sales strategy:
- Make genuine connections with customers: Live streaming provides a unique opportunity to engage with customers on a personal level and create lasting impressions. Through live streaming, you can offer an insider's perspective of your business, address their queries in real-time, and develop meaningful relationships with them.
- Drive traffic to your website: By hosting live shopping events, you can effectively showcase your products, engage a larger audience, and redirect traffic to your online store.
- Enhance brand awareness: Live events significantly boost engagement for your brand. This is particularly beneficial if you already have a substantial social media following and aim to convert followers into customers. Even without a large social media community, live shopping serves as an effective means to begin establishing and promoting your brand.
How To Plan Live Selling Events
Live video selling is a revolutionary change in the e-commerce industry. But how can you make it work for your brand?
It starts by choosing the right shoppable video platform for running virtual shopping events. Swirl is one such platform, and it allows you to create shoppable livestreams in minutes.
Before you start creating your live event, here are some pointers to remember:
- Decide how long your live event will be. The recommended time is 45 minutes, to give your viewers time to log in, get familiar with the interface, and begin interacting or buying.
- Create a plan for which products you want to feature. It is recommended that you host your event with a theme like winter sweaters, summer skincare, wedding jewelry, etc. This gives you a specific focus and lets you choose appropriate products for the live shopping stream. It also brings in viewers who are primed to buy. \Work on a promotion plan that gives you at least 10-14 days to promote the event and invite your followers to it. Don’t forget to send out reminders.
- Work on a promotion plan that gives you at least 10-14 days to promote the event and invite your followers to it. Don’t forget to send out reminders.
- Choose a location, test your equipment, do a trial run to check sound and light, and then you’re all set!
All you have to do is add the URLs of the products you want to feature, schedule your live stream, and get started immediately.
Best Practices For Your Shopify Live View Store
Showcase Your Products, But Sell An Experience
Live selling is highly effective because it allows your audience to truly ‘feel’ the product. Unlike traditional eCommerce, where customers only see static images or brief videos, live shopping provides an opportunity to create an immersive product experience that resonates with the audience.
For instance, if you're a beauty brand, the host can demonstrate the product by unboxing it, applying it on their wrist, showcasing its texture, and even testing its durability by smudging or wiping it. Similarly, if you sell clothing or accessories, featuring a model who showcases different ways to style or pair the items can greatly engage viewers.
By delivering a comprehensive and entertaining experience, you not only captivate your customers during the live event but also expedite their purchasing decisions.
Simulcast Your Livestream To Galvanize Social Media
Use Swirl to simulcast your livestream across various social media platforms, including Meta (Facebook) Live, Instagram, and YouTube. This lets you capitalize on the easy sharing and liking features of social media to reach out to a wider audience. You can tap into your existing social media following and build greater brand recall when you use live video selling.
Check out Social Simulcast with Swirl
Conduct Q&A Sessions
Engaging with your audience by answering their questions during a live stream is a powerful way to foster interaction and drive sales. Encourage viewers to ask questions, initiating a genuine conversation between you and your customers.
These interactions serve as a valuable opportunity for the audience to gather essential information about the product, such as size, material, functionality, and more. Moreover, when other viewers hear your answers, it enhances transparency and builds trust, ultimately influencing their purchasing decisions.
Furthermore, a good Q&A session provides invaluable insights into your customers' perspectives and preferences when it comes to your products. This deeper understanding enables you to make informed business decisions based on customer feedback.
Save And Repurpose Your Livestreams
A notable advantage of live shopping is the ability to save and upload your live events for later viewing. By doing so, you ensure that audiences who missed the live broadcast can still access and learn about your products, enhancing their purchasing decisions. These recorded videos can be valuable resources on your product or category pages, providing convenient access to product information even after the live event has ended.
FAQs About Live Streaming On Shopify
Q: How Often Should I Host A Live Event?
A: There's no rule for how often you should run a live event, but we recommend planning at least one every week. This will give your shoppers enough content to keep them engaged, and it will also help to keep your store top-of-mind.
Q: What Kind Of Product Should I Feature In My Live Shopping Events?
A: Ensure the products you choose for your livestream are captivating and resonate with your viewers, whether they are seasonally relevant or aligned with upcoming festivals. Prioritize products that have a higher potential for impulse purchases, while also including a few standout "hero products" that you know will be well-received.
Maintain viewer engagement and interest by presenting a diverse range of products in each livestream, offering a mix of options that cater to different preferences and needs.
Q: What Should I Wear During My Live Event?
A: When it comes to clothing, it's important to feel comfortable and confident on camera. Try to avoid busy patterns or bright colors, as they can be distracting for viewers. Stick with solid colors or simple prints, and make sure your clothing is well-fitted, opaque in bright lights, and flattering for the camera.
Live streaming on Shopify stores has never been easier!
Live streaming can help shorten the purchase journey on your Shopify store by bridging the online-offline gap.
Moreover, get access to real-time engagement analytics, video analytics, predictive sales, and customer data points and keep your consumers engaged and retain more customers. Connect your Shopify store with Swirl and add the power of interactive, shoppable videos to your business.